Powered By Blogger

Sh*t My Toddler Says And Does (Part One)

By October 20, 2015

So it's been over a week since I last posted anything... ack, I'm a stay at home mom with one kid and I still can't stay on top of the things that I want to.  What with playgroups, preschool integration since September, household upkeep and living with a three year old dictator, how does anything get done?  How do moms of more than one kid do it?  What are your strategies?  OK, rant over.  But seriously, how???

Anyway, some of the stuff that come out of my son's mouth is absolutely hilarious; some of it makes no sense at all; and a lot of I has me convinced he's a genius (which is actually something all mothers know about their children, I think).  So here's some of the funny, ridiculous and dead-on observations my son has made in the past couple of weeks.

  • I say "Are you ready for your smoothie?" his reply: "Not yet, I'm still working"... while trying to screw a dull pencil into the wall <too much effort to try and stop him>
  • "Mummy, you're a champ."  Wow, this is literally the nicest thing has said to me in years.  Seriously.
  • I mentioned how M mutters "Ganks" instead of "Thanks" a while back.  The other day he said "Skanks" instead of thanks.  I tried unsuccessfully to stifle my laughter and I told him that I prefer him to say Thanks.  He looked at me like I was a moron and said "Mummy, I prefer skanks".  Well, don't we all.
  • Pouring a coffee and putting the milk back in the fridge one morning, M came down the stairs like this, and then I took a picture because that's what good moms do:
    "Of course it's safe to come down the stairs like this mommy, you fool!"
  • "No mommy, you don't say that", because I started singing along to "Can't Feel My Face" after he asked me to... while pointing his tiny index finger at me aggressively.
  • "The best of most best that I like most after bagels is eggs" to which I reply "But you only had one forkful", to which he replies "Yes".
  • I needed to pump up the tires on our car a little bit, and asked M if he'd like to help me.  He answered "No, I'm fine with my car.  Good bye".  Then he closed the front door in my face.
Everyday M surprises me so much with the things that he says.  I wish I was quick enough to remember to write every single thing down, because once I finally find a scrap of paper I end up either doodling or making random Costco lists.  Mommy Brain in full effect.  Whatever, at least my son thinks I'm a champ.

You Might Also Like

0 comments