Powered By Blogger

Our Family Rules

By August 31, 2015


I just bought a new piece of “art” for our family room wall.  You know, one of those super cute things that state the “Family Rules”.  
Would you like a glass of wine with this cheese?



When I found it at Homesense, I have to admit that I got choked up a bit.  Like: “Yes, these are the mantras by which I will live as a mother”, and “Hubs and I will explain what all of these rules mean to M and instill the right morals and values into our toddler”.  


And then I got it home and reality set it.


So here are Our Family Rules, as interpreted by our almost three year old son:


Share: I think I understand what this word means, but I really don’t care for it. I get pissed when other kids won’t share their things with me; and I get really vexed when someone wants to share my shit.  I have been known to share a crumb or two of toast with my mum in the morning, since she might need something other than coffee to keep her alive.

Be Kind: I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to when I throw a book at mom's head when she's trying to put my shoes on.  But I do like the fact that I get a reaction, so I'll probably keep doing it for a few more years.

Love One Another: My mum and dad are always there for me, no matter what. Even when I literally piss, shit and vomit on them.  I'm pretty sure that's love.

Say Please and Thank You:  If I don't say please, I don't get what I want. No Brainer.  Saying Thank You is encouraged, but right now I'm getting away with muttering "Ganks".

Keep Our Promises: I promised my mum I would tell her when I needed to pee.  I told her I was peeing when I was doing it all over the floor.  That counts as a promise, right?

Be Silly: Done and done.  For reals.
"Just chilling wearing my crab sunglasses"


Do Your Best: Every single thing I do and say is the best - my grandparents tell me so every time I see them.

Say I’m Sorry:  When my mum is getting that crazy look in her eyes, and her lips disappear?  That's when I pull this one out.  Gets her every time.

Smile: Very similar to saying please, since I'm more likely to get what I want.

Be Patient: I don't understand this word.

Don’t Whine: I don't understand this verb.

Hug One Another Often: Done and done.  Mum makes me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments