Powered By Blogger

From Nasty to Nice

By September 06, 2015

It was never my intention to become "that mom". I don't think any mother does.
Somewhere along the way I went off-course with the ability to think clearly before reacting.
Guilty!
 

Yes, to be perfectly honest I am guilty of yelling at my 2 and a half year old pretty often.
Some days the littlest thing can set me off. I will flip lose my shit.

I have to admit though, PMS has a lot to do with it sometimes but I cant blame it entirely on hormones. Or can I?? C'mon who am I kidding here?! 


I see now that my behaviour has a tremendous impact on my son's ability to control his own emotions. Scary!! It's come back to take a nice big bite in the ass!


Before I became a mom, people used to compliment me on my level of patience - seemed nothing if not very little would get to me and I would rarely lose my nerve. I used to say, "Meh, it's not worth it".

So what changed? Somehow through all the sleep deprivation and many new challenges that come with motherhood, that patient woman I once was seems to have vanished.
I miss her. I really really miss her...




I need to find my patient self again for the sake of my awesome kid.
It will take some time, but I refuse to let D grow up with a mommy who yells at him for the meaningless small stuff. After all, kids are sponges learning life skills every day, all day.
Our support and encouragement go far beyond losing our temper and yelling.
We're sending the wrong message to our kids, poor things are confused enough.
Heck, parents are confused and have no idea what we're doing half the time.

Time to take a deep breath and remember that we all make mistakes, mommies included.

Why yell, we should whisper, it's just creepy. ;)


Do you ever catch yourself overreacting and losing it on your kids?


*** I'm happy to report that after 2 weeks of keeping my yelling in check and managing my level of patience and self control, D is actually starting to listen more with less tantrums. I am pleasantly surprised in both our abilities to change for the better. I see my old self coming back again and it's an amazing feeling. YAY! ***

You Might Also Like

0 comments